Craft Organization - Paper Storage

     After searching the internet, I decided to try my hand at the wire cube hack for my paper.   
 
     It isn't too complicated, so most of the sites I saw it on didn't have too many details.  I used zip ties in several spaces to hold the shelves up and spaced them about 2 inches apart.

     Only thing that might be a little different is that I made mine tall and put it in my IKEA closet.  It keeps the paper from being directly in the sunlight and helps keep things out of sight when I leave my area.
      Hope you're doing well!

(On with the yammer. . .)

     I started with the generic paper cube with the vertical dividers that were everywhere awhile ago (the same one I had to fix in an earlier post).  It works for my solid cardstock, but after a few deals at Scrapbook Expos and getting paper on sale from Michael's, I needed more storage for my printed papers.

     The cheapest solution I could find was the wire rack + zip ties hack.  I almost got some of the wire rack pieces for free on Craigslist, but someone else beat me to it.  I searched a little more and found some on Amazon (not there anymore, sorry).

     I used zip ties in several spaces to hold the shelves up and tried to tie the corners in ways to support the pieces as best I could.  They are a little wobbly, possibly because it's very tall, so I am wondering if I could/should build something like a wooden frame that I've seen (it would essentially replace the sides).  I could use our CNC machine, but it's a small one, so I'm still percolating the idea in my head to figure out how to keep it as a tall piece with the small work area.


     If you're a "pinner," you can check me out at https://www.pinterest.com/daylightdesigns/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Craft Organization - Die Storage (Sizzix XL dies)

DIY Glue Dots & Storage

Craft Organization - File Cabinet Die Storage (Sizzix original/Bigz)