Quick Project Share - Paper Cube

     I wanted to fix my paper cube.  The dividers kept shifting out of the grooves.
     So, after hubs cut some wood for a project, I swiped some scrap wood and cut down to the width of the sections needed in the cube.  I painted them white with craft paint and then glued them in.
     They're not the same size because the scraps weren't the same.  I just measured the width needed and moved ahead - but they're doing their job and they're keeping the dividers still.
     I thought I'd share the close-up pics in case they could inspire someone.  I never really know where or when inspiration will hit me, so don't know what can or will inspire someone else.
Even if these cubes aren't a solution, they could be something that sparks an idea for someone else -


- hope you're doing well in these strange times!


     Small project, on with the small yammer. . .

    Sorry I didn't take a pic of the "before," but wasn't thinking of documenting anything then, just wanted things done.  It looked like the "after" pics except the dividers and papers were tilted over.  These types of cubes seemed to be everywhere and had been around awhile when I finally got this one in the early 2000's, so you might know what I'm talking about.  This is the cheapest one I found and has recessed grooves/places in the top and bottom for the dividers.  I don't remember when or where I got it, but remember was shipped.  The dividers didn't really reach the tops well and would pop out all the time.  Hubs said he'd fix it, but I honestly can't remember how he said he'd do it.  (It's a small project, so it was one I figured I could tackle myself and is actually the first one I've done without any help! Great way to get some courage. . .woo hoo!)
     When I look at it, this mini project helps me remember something.  Not all solutions need to be complex or pretty to work.

- Hope you're doing well and hope that maybe I sparked a bit of creativity or courage in you!



     If you're a "pinner," please check me out at https://www.pinterest.com/daylightdesigns/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Craft Organization - Die Storage (Sizzix XL dies)

DIY Glue Dots & Storage

Craft Organization - File Cabinet Die Storage (Sizzix original/Bigz)