Craft Table (Adjacent) Shelf

     A video on YouTube (Connie Stewart's craft room tour video, shown here) inspired me to have a shelf near my craft table.

     I found an unused wooden piece and put it on top of my file cabinet to see if it'd work for me.  I figured I could decide if I liked it there or if I wanted it on my table like in the video.  I've put a few things on it and now that I covered the file cabinet, I decided to fix it up as well.

     It had a thin edge slightly attached with a few biscuits, so I clamped it and used wood glue.  After the glue dried, I painted it and put it back.


     Hope you're doing well and hope that maybe I sparked a bit of creativity or courage in you!

(on with the yammer. . .)

     Years ago, while watching craft room tour videos on YouTube and trying to get inspired and figure out what to do with my craft space, I came across one tour that had a shelf on a craft table.  I was intrigued.  It allowed space to work on projects and have the tools, etc. within reach.
     Awesome.

     Just a simple shelf with IKEA legs. . . don't live near an IKEA, but any small leg or even just pieces of wood would be good substitutes - that shouldn't be that difficult.  Hubs noticed my interest and came to check it out too.  Never one to take a simple challenge as simple, he told me that he'd build me one.  How sturdy do I want it?  How high do I want it?  Do I want it to be anchored or something that moves?  Do I want wheels on it?
     He started building something with some of his metal and his toys (i.e. expensive tools he hasn't been able to use that often) - but other projects popped up and over two years later, there still isn't anything for me to use.

     While looking around for another project, I noticed a piece that was cut from when hubs was working on my craft table.  It was one rectangular piece with a perpendicular "lip."  Maybe I could use it.  While trying to figure out what I'd do for legs and what I could/should do with the one sided lip, I laid it on my file cabinet.  Later, after I had put a few things up there to get out of the way, (we're all surface abusers around here - it seems like there can't be a surface without something being placed there. . . ) I decided to make it work.

     It isn't as easy to reach as in the video, but it does keep some things in my eye sight and holds things I'm not needing immediately.  I've put a few things up and it doesn't look too bad.


     If you're a "pinner," you can check me out at https://www.pinterest.com/daylightdesigns/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Craft Organization - Die Storage (Sizzix XL dies)

DIY Glue Dots & Storage

Craft Organization - File Cabinet Die Storage (Sizzix original/Bigz)