Craft Organization - Distress Ink Storage

     After doing a lot of online research, I ended up using Dollar Tree acrylic drawers.
     I originally had them in four stacks that "nestled" together so there was a stack "facing"each direction on a Dollar Tree lazy susan.  I labeled the fronts and one side to help see what pad was where, but without a shelf, this system wasn't as convenient for me as I hoped.  Instead, it went into my IKEA closet alongside my wire paper stack.

     Hope you're doing well and able to enjoy some of the little things (we're enjoying a bit of blue in our skies - a welcomed sight after the past few weeks of smoky, orange, "Mad Max" skies).

(On with the yammer. . .)

     I wanted a system that would be able to hold an ink pad, a reinker, and the foam pad used for the distressing tools.  I thought about using a system called EZStudRack, designed for a multitude of items, screwed into 2x4's. (I found them on YouTube.  They're almost like the sides of thick, white CD racks cut do you can make them as wide as you needed.)  The videos were a little old, but the website was still up and seemed to be , but I couldn't be sure I could either drill holes in the lumber for the reinkers, or that the holes wouldn't look horrible and be awkward enough to make the whole thing difficult to find.

     Luckily, I found a few acrylic drawers at the Dollar Tree store near me and decided to use them.  Others have found and used these drawers for things online, so finding enough to use proved to be a challenge.  It took awhile to find enough of the acrylic drawers - I ended up buying a case online.

     Stacking them is easy, they have a ridge and a dip that fit into each other.  They are a little slanted, but it doesn't bother me too much.  I used a solid circle stamp to label each drawer so I could see what colors I have, but am wondering if I should use a distress tool and blend the corners of the stickers to see a better representation of what they look like.

     If you're a "pinner," you can check me out at https://www.pinterest.com/daylightdesigns/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Craft Organization - Die Storage (Sizzix XL dies)

Craft Organization - File Cabinet Die Storage (Sizzix original/Bigz)

DIY Glue Dots & Storage