Craft Organization - Copic Markers

     As you probably know, Pinterest has many beautiful pictures of Copic storage.  Pictures of products like Art Bin Marker Storage or units built for IKEA Expedit and homemade versions using ovc electrical conduits, egg crate ceiling light tiles, cut pvc pipes, glued CD cases, and repurposing cassette or CD storage racks.

     I had one of the later, so I used it.
     Unlike most of the pinners I saw, I used cut acrylic sheets I already had to create "shelves" instead of empty CD cases.  They take up less space and make it easier to grab the markers.

     Thanks for looking.  Hope you're doing well!

 
(On with the yammer. . .)

    This isn't my first Copic storage.  After taking a card making class, I went out and bought some stackable, plastic containers from Target on a recommendation from the teacher, Irina Blount.  (A few years after I took some of her card classes, she started her own company - La-La Land Crafts.  If want to check out some expert Copic coloring and gorgeous cards, look her up on Facebook, if you don't know her already!)
     I tried to buy more a of the containers few times, but kept coming home empty.  Unfortunately, Target stopped carrying them, so I felt stuck.  After an unsuccessful online search, I had to look for different storage.  But what?  Where could I find ideas?  Pinterest!
     Oh, how did I manage before Pinterest?

     One quick search and I was shown option after option, all of which looked very lovely.  (After fantasizing and dreaming, I looked at them more critically to see what I could replicate or be inspired by.)  Some options seemed costly while others seemed to need more research for me (ovc electrical conduits?  Why couldn't I find egg crate ceiling light tiles at my hardware stores?  How much should I buy?? etc.  I did go to Joann's to look around pre-mask days - but didn't see anything I really liked).

     I found my old CD storage case and thought of using the acrylic sheets hubs cut for my old stamp storage.  The case is deeper than the sheets are, but the sheets are just wide enough and the markers rest on them well.

     If we ever start doing things with people we don't live with again, I should think about making something that's more portable so I can travel with them - unless I stumble across something I have/can do before then - or unless someone in the comments can share their wonderful idea. 😊


     If you're a "pinner," you can check me out at https://www.pinterest.com/daylightdesigns/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Craft Organization - Die Storage (Sizzix XL dies)

DIY Glue Dots & Storage

Craft Organization - File Cabinet Die Storage (Sizzix original/Bigz)