Craft Organization - Die Storage (Sizzix Medium Sized)

     I already had a picture of this idea in a previous post, but thought I'd revisit it to explain the storage idea.  I use an IKEA Gnedby (designed for CD/DVDs) to store my medium sized Sizzix dies.  The unit is deep enough for them, even after I put in scraps of beadboard in the back to give it a detail some other pieces in my craft space have.
     I used my Dymo label maker to make it easier to find the die I'm looking for.  I think I'm going to paint it white to match the rest of my craft corner furniture, but don't have the paint and it's not critical, so I'll wait for things to cool off (literally & figuratively).
     Thanks for checking my idea out.  Hope you're doing well and maybe I helped spark a bit of creativity or courage in you to do something with unloved furniture!

(On with the small yammer. . .)

     Once we moved into our current home, we realized we didn't want to use our Gnedby for our DVDs anymore.  The unit was put into the ex-man cave with other unused items to find a purpose.  I've moved it around my craft corner a few times, trying to figure out where I could use it.

     I was seriously thinking about cutting it in half and having the two pieces on my craft table to house supplies.  It sounds weird, but it's only about 8" wide, so it'd create two mini bookcases that I could put supplies needed for a project to have on hand but not rolling around my table - and maybe one could house my Copics and other markers in a way similar to the ones I've drooled over on the internet.  However, I haven't had the guts to see if I could do it well enough to either not be embarrassed or have to toss it out, so had to move on to another idea.

     I used to have a few binders in there (precariously at odd angles to keep them from falling out), but wanted to put the tiny but mighty Gnedby to a better use.  It's current spot is close enough to all my other dies, so tried the medium dies and they seemed like a perfect fit.  I don't have "enough" to fill the whole unit, so I looked around to see what else could fit in.  I wanted them to be somehow "related" to the dies to keep like things together and make sense to me, hoping to help me feel better about the space.

     Since you kept reading and put up with my yammer, I suppose I could let you in on my idea instead of making you wait for the next post (although it's not like it's a cliff hanger or anything since I just realized I already posted a picture of this in a previous post) - Punches!
     See ya soon if you want to see some pics and hear about how I store them in this!


     If you're a "pinner," you can check me out at https://www.pinterest.com/daylightdesigns/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Craft Organization - Die Storage (Sizzix XL dies)

DIY Glue Dots & Storage

Craft Organization - File Cabinet Die Storage (Sizzix original/Bigz)