Quick Mini "Haul"

     I got back from Walmart and thought I should quickly share this.  I was just walking from the food section to get deodorant when I spotted these. . . .

     I also found a black planner like the others, but has a leather-like cover that I'm going to use for something else.  I'm not sure what it'll be yet - might be an album/planner hybrid for one of my kids grandparents.  I plan on using my Zutter tool to make whatever it is I decide to do.

     I took nail polish remover (I have 100% acetone) and a Q-tip to remove the printing on the outside of the two blue planners.  I also cut a few of the pages to move them where I wanted them - they work just like all the Happy Planners I've seen.  Probably can't move them around as much as the Happy Planner pages and takes longer to do, but this is to just see if I like it.


     Thanks for checking out my quick post - if you're interested in dipping your toe in the Happy Planner thing, maybe you can pick up one too.  I hope you're doing well!


(On with the yammer. . .)

     I was thinking about doing the whole Happy Planner thing for awhile, but wasn't sure if it was for me - then we got stuck inside.  Not only does that mean that I can't wander the clearance isles, but now there's not much to write down (although I suppose I could work on creatively writing COVID over and over or figure out new ways to phrase "staying in") - basically, paying full price seemed like a huge waste.  I still liked the creative process I've seen online, so I did look.  I couldn't find any design I really liked enough and didn't know what size I wanted.  I was starting to think about just buying the binder rings and making my own, but decided I needed to wait.
     Then I saw these puppies on an end cap. . . for a dollar, I got one of each size.  I could try using each one to see which would work best for me, but Hubs and I use the calendar on my phone (they sync and it works well for us), so I never really thought about using the mini planners for a calendar - but it wanted to go home with the others.  I'm thinking I'll use the smallest one for a craft inventory of sorts if/when I'm able to go craft shopping again.  I need to figure out how to use the tabs to my benefit (Label/separate into Inks, Punches, Embossing Folders, Tools,etc. perhaps. . .).
     I'm going to play around with Washi, white out, and my scrapbook papers to see what I can do with all of them.  The leathery one had harder cover pieces that I've cut out and am going to use as a dashboard for the others (I'm no expert, but from my limited research, dashboards hold sticky notes, etc. for easy use).  It also had some pages that I've cut out to use in the others.  I still need to sit down and play, but there are some pages that I will probably glue together because I don't need/like one side but need/like the other.  For example, I don't need the 2019 calendars (or the 2020 in the smallest one), but like the generic annual Event pages. . .


     Anyone use all of the five, double-sided pages of passwords?  One planner has 11 entries on each side, another has 8.  Not sure If I'd fill them all up if I tried, but as I mentioned in my first blogpost, I only started this blog because I couldn't get into my old one and had to lose some of the music I bought because I couldn't remember my iTunes account and password when our older computer finally died. . .

     If you've gotten a planner like any of these and have altered it or made it your own in some way, please share!  I'd like to see it.

     I'm not paying attention to much lately (I think I'd go nuts if I did), but have heard a lot of "We're all in the same boat," and the "No we're not," backlash. . . .some have yachts while others can only dream of a dinghy, but we're all in deep water and we're all having to figure out how to float.
     Keep your heads up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Craft Organization - Die Storage (Sizzix XL dies)

DIY Glue Dots & Storage

Craft Organization - File Cabinet Die Storage (Sizzix original/Bigz)