Small Craft Organization Idea - Reusing Rolling Cart Drawers

     Super simple idea, but wanted to post something in case it could help someone else. . .

     My boys had stopped using the rolling carts with drawers that most stores seem to have.  (I think we got our from Costco years ago.)  They had bent the metal frame - so I couldn't use them as they were.
     I had to toss the frame, but I've used the drawers for two main reasons. . .
     1.) Storage -  I use them for a few things, one being for my rulers.  It's pretty handy because I can quickly grab one or bring the whole thing to my table when I need to.
     2.) Group things for projects - They keep most supplies I need to finish a project in one area.  The drawers make it easy to move things around.  I can go from working on something to putting it away without worrying that I'm forgetting or losing something.  I tend to start and put things on "pause" quite a bit - mostly I'm waiting for something (could be supplies, time to work on it, or motivation) and this system helps me.  It works well with mini albums, cards, and many home decor projects.  Larger projects don't fit (12" x 12" scrapbook pages, for example), but I still use them to put embellishments, pictures, and various tools I'll use on them.
     (*I've tossed any broken/cracked drawers, but kept the silver knobs to use for some other drawer or box.)

     I've cut out bookplates using my Sizzix die, cardboard from food boxes, and silver ductwork tape.  I typed up labels (on my computer - just measured the opening and used a text box to fit) and attached them to the drawers using my DIY glue dots.


- hope you're doing well and hope that maybe I sparked a bit of creativity or courage in you!



     If you're a "pinner," please check me out at https://www.pinterest.com/daylightdesigns/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Craft Organization - Die Storage (Sizzix XL dies)

DIY Glue Dots & Storage

Craft Organization - File Cabinet Die Storage (Sizzix original/Bigz)