Quarantine Project #2A - File Cube

     I had some extra beadboard from when an IKEA closet needed a stronger back. . . and a desire to use it to make pieces in my craft corner match.  I tried to plan things so I could do all my cutting for projects I've lined up all at the same time.
     This project was pretty simple, but I like the results.  It was just 4-5 simple steps.
1.)  Cut beadboard to size.
2.)  Unscrewed the metal pull.
3.)  Glue beadboard in (this time I just used good ol' Elmer's White Glue).
4.)  Re-screwed the pull back on.
*5.)  I didn't cut everything "right" so the edges weren't perfect.  I used a little DryDex Spackling (using my finger) to compensate.
     I like how I didn't get the screws on the pull onto one of the grooves.    It's housing my Christmas cards, etc. so won't be used all that often.

- hope you're doing well and hope that maybe I sparked a bit of creativity or courage in you!
   
     Brief over, on with the yammer. . .

     We don't have a workshop or a garage like some people do, so I've tried to think of a few projects I wanted done.  Doing all the cutting at one time did mean spending a long time at the miter saw, but it ultimately saved a lot of time.  (Plus, less pestering, waiting on, or worrying hubs - more bonuses!)
     I measured several pieces - both the extra beadboard pieces we've had for years (left over from a bookcase and the IKEA closet that needed a stronger back when I reassembled it) and some furniture pieces.  I kinda thought of it as a jigsaw puzzle and moved pieces around in my head.  Once I had a bit of a plan, I drew it down on a piece of paper to finalize plans and make the most of the left-over scraps.  I was able to cover 3 things in my Craft Corner and have 2 pieces stashed away for a pull-out I'm going to eventually make with more of hubs' help.

     I figure that if the orphaned pieces I've moved into my corner have similar details (the beadboard, in this case) and were the same color, they'd look like they were meant to be together.  I chose white a long time ago because I like the supposed clean, cool feel and like how it helps make my supplies "pop" out a little more.


- hope you're doing well and hope that maybe I sparked a bit of creativity or courage in you!


     If you're a "pinner," please check me out at https://www.pinterest.com/daylightdesigns/



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Craft Organization - Die Storage (Sizzix XL dies)

DIY Glue Dots & Storage

Craft Organization - File Cabinet Die Storage (Sizzix original/Bigz)