Craft Corner - Recycle Box

     I was using a paper grocery bag to put my recycled paper -  scraps too small to do anything with, notes I didn't need anymore, small cardboard scraps I couldn't use, etc.  It was working ok for awhile, but why not improve it?
     I took an old box and decoupaged for the first time.  (I like the idea of having a recycled container for the recycle bin.  It's the 3 R's all in one - reusing a box and reducing the need for a new container for the purpose of recycling.)

     Who says you need to buy things to feel good about your space?

- hope you're doing well and hope that maybe I sparked a bit of creativity or courage in you!


     On with the yammer. . .
     When my mojo dropped, I thought I should make my craft space better somehow. 
When I had to use the space, I felt more drained than anything.  It wasn't inspiring me or helping me get things done.
     Sometimes I need to do something, no matter how small, to get the creative juice flowing and build up some energy/confidence/motivation - sometimes I need a little external inspiration.  I figured making my space more organized and have it make more sense to me could do both.
     While moving things around, I "rediscovered" a Mod Podge container and a book.  The pages were white like most of my space, so I thought making a recycled box would be a good start to try my hand at decoupage.
     I took an old box from my closet stash, turned it inside out, and glued it back together.  (The outside was a little dark, so I wasn't sure the decoupaging would cover it well enough.)  While waiting for that to dry, I took the book and tore the edges.  The rest of the house was sleeping and I was watching Netflix, so it wasn't as bad or as boring as that sounds.  I had the time and I like the look as well as the ease of smoothing things with the torn edges.
     I'm liking the look and hopefully I have enough pages for more boxes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Craft Organization - Die Storage (Sizzix XL dies)

DIY Glue Dots & Storage

Craft Organization - File Cabinet Die Storage (Sizzix original/Bigz)